Friday, June 10, 2005

laundramats can be scary places


laundramats can be scary places
Originally uploaded by Walsh.

The photographer, Walsh, says:

this isn't the floor of the laundramat. it's the counter. all surfaces have this pattern in the laundramat.

I wish my laundramat (laundromat?) had this black and white color scheme. Mine is all orange and yellow, but really quite cheery. But the warm colors make me feel hot in the summer with all the dryers going. I think this looks like a cooler environment for doing the wash. But perhaps the pattern makes you dizzy.

3 comments:

alw said...

holy macaroons-- you actually blogged a picture of mine! this has got to be a first. thanks, i'm very flattered!

nate said...

It really is a great laundramat. I just started going there and it's faily low key. Some places try to feel all warm and friendly. I don't want to feel warm and friendly. I want to do my laundry. I love my laundramat. It's not trying to be something more than what it is.

MB said...

Hi Walsh, I only blog photos that I like. I like a lot of yours.

And Nate, I agree that we don't go to the laundramat for warm fuzzies. Getting the laundry done and getting outta there is the plan!