Saturday, April 16, 2005

Miasmatic Review: Accentless?

The illustrious blogger "Contagion" of Miasmatic Review was surprised to be deemed "accentless" by this online quiz.





MB's Linguistic Profile:



50% General American English

20% Dixie

20% Yankee

5% Upper Midwestern

0% Midwestern


My linguistic profile appears above. I wasn't even able to answer one of the questions (about what you call an easy course) because I had never heard of any of the three choices. I do say "y'all" (even though I had totally quit saying it when I lived in New Jersey!) but all my other "southernisms" have faded (like saying you "carry" a person to the store). But I guess an occasional "y'all" is good enough for 20-Per-Cent Dixie!

Funny that I got ZERO percent Midwestern, when I've lived in the Midwest most of my life. Oh well, these internet quiz things are supposed to be just for fun. Your mileage may vary.

No comments: