Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Fortune Cookies

Melina bemoans the lack of fortunes in fortune cookies nowadays. The little slips of paper are more like sayings, mostly trite and obvious, but sometimes things like "You are an exciting person."

As it happens, I have been saving my "fortunes" for years now. Here are some I have received from cookies over the years:

"You take a optimistic view of life." (sic)

"Stop searching forever, happiness is just next to you."

"You have inexhaustible wisdom and power."

"A handful of patience is worth more than a bushel of brains."

"Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise."

Be sure to click on the title of this post to see Melina's custom fortune. I liked it a lot myself, and plan to show it to some of my friends at work who have been telling me that very thing!

And here's one for my buddy. (You KNOW who you are!)

2 comments:

Melina said...

I'm honored that I inspired such a fun post and I thought your custom fortune was great!

Nice Guy said...

Visit http://www.SpareSomeChange.com/Funny/ where you can customize over 50 other images, make your own custom captions :)