Saturday, June 18, 2005

Might As Well Face It, I'm Addicted To Flickr

If you click the title of this post, it will take you to my favorites page on flickr.com. Mind you, these are other people's photos that I have viewed and then clicked the button to mark as a favorite. I don't do this for every photo that I like, because on my iMac it takes several seconds for the thing to work.

It turns out that I have done this 1609 times at the time I'm writing this. Yes, I have sixteen HUNDRED and nine favorite photos on the Flickr.com website. I wonder how many hours of looking at photos I spent to end up with that many favorites. Many, many photos I only look at in the thumbnails on the pages of people's photostream, sets, and group pools. The ones that I click to view in a larger size, for a few I leave comments, or decide to "blog this photo" here or on my other blog, MB's Blogalicious on Live Journal, which since it has no sidebar, I have it set up to insert the photos in a larger size than here on Blogasm.

In the past, I've also used the Buzznet.com site to blog photos, but lately it doesn't seem to work for blogging.

I can't wait until I get my scanner to working and/or get a digital camera from my friend who decided she's ready to upgrade and will give me her old one to use. Then I'll start putting photos of my own on my blogs. So far, the photos under my name on flickr are all photos that someone else took, and I put them up there just to have a place to store them.

No comments: